If your goal is to get rid of unwanted fat, tone up stubborn body parts, and feel energized throughout your day, then it’s time to get on it with a fitness routine that produces real results. This Mega Moves Series will help condition and tone your body using your Total Gym so that you’re ready to strut your stuff this summer.
MEGA MOVES SERIES:
The mega moves series will challenge your strength, flexibility, cardiovascular endurance, stamina, coordination, balance, and pave the path to accomplish your fitness goals. Incorporate a clean diet into your plan and you’ll have a successful experience!
There are 5 workouts in the Mega Moves Series:
• Mega Leg Moves
• Mega Core Moves
• Mega Arms
• Mega Cardio Moves
• Total Mega Body
These workouts are designed to focus on a specific area for a targeted challenge. Once you have learned them all, feel free to combine the workouts to vary your routine or use the concept with other exercises you prefer.
MEGA MOVES METHOD REVIEW:
Understanding how to master the method and implement it on your Total Gym will make all the difference in your workout, as well as the results you ultimately produce.
This is the final blog (5th workout) of the series. If you’re just joining in now, perfect! You have the whole series at hand to learn the important principles and understand how this Mega Moves Series works before diving into the workouts.
LINKS TO THE SERIES:
MEGA MOVES WORKOUT: TOTAL MEGA BODY
Turn up your music and get ready for a good sweat with a series of rock star moves that shape, tone, and sculpt your muscles. This workout combines exercises from ALL the previous workouts you’ve learned for a total body workout challenge on your Total Gym.
• Barefoot workout.
• Sticky socks will help to preventing slipping, but are not required.
• The workout is performed in a timed circuit, NOT reps
• Work SLOWLY during strength movements and at a STEADY PACE during cardio drills
• Do what you can in the amount of time, just don’t stop. Keep in motion.
• Dynamically warm-up, then proceed directly into the Total Mega Body Circuit
• Perform each exercise for 60-90 seconds
• Choose your timed interval sets:
• 60 seconds/ exercise = 5 minutes on 1 side
• 90 seconds/ exercise = approximately 8 minutes on 1 side
• Repeat the intervals for as many sets as your workout time allows
• Always adjust the incline to accommodate your strength level.
• Total workout time at 60 second intervals: approx. 25-30 min.
• Add additional complete sets if you have more time for a 35-40 minute workout or use the 90 second timed interval formula.
RESISTANCE & SPEED:
• The exercises are meant to challenge your muscles and condition them by utilizing a super slow and heavy resistance mode. Test your strength limits as you need.
• The cardio drills are targets to work the core with speed. Pick up your pace and rock it out.
• Pace yourself. Move with control, grace, and have fun.
• I suggest printing or writing this workout on a board so that you know what exercise comes next and it flows smoothly for the timed intervals.
MENTIONABLE: • The exercises listed are based on the movements you have learned in the series.
• Please refer to the previous blogs to read the detailed exercise descriptions.
• The video will also review and demonstrate how these exercises are performed.
• Timer to clock each exercise
TG = Total Gym
GB = Glide board
WARM-UP: 3 min.
• Incline: Low -Medium
• Set your timer & make it happen!
Minute 1: Slow Mountain Climbers (hands on GB, incline plank)
Minute 2: Plank Jacks (same set up as above)
Minute 3: Slow Bicycle Crunch (supine on GB)
TOTAL MEGA BODY CIRCUIT:
• approx. 25-30 min. performing 1 full circuit set
*PLEASE REFER TO PREVIOUS BLOGS TO READ THE EXERCISE EXECUTION*
Timed: 60-90 seconds per exercise
Incline: Low- Medium
1. Burpie Push-Up
2. Army Crawl
3. Bear [knee tucks]
4. French Twist [side pike ups] (Right Side)
5. Plank to Pike (Middle)
6. French Twist (Left Side)
7. Reverse Lunge Right Leg
8. Reverse Lunge Repeaters (knee in/ out)
9. Inner Thigh Right Leg
*REPEAT exercises #7-9 on Left Leg*
Connect Cable, Medium-High Incline
(approx. 7 minutes)
10. Bicep Curls
11. Tricep Extensions
12. Rear Delt Flies
CORE FINISHER || Plank Hold in 3 different positions on GB
• 30 sec. bottom
• 45 sec. middle
• 60 sec. top
* DO A ONE & DONE SET OR REPEAT WHOLE CIRCUIT AGAIN IF TIME PERMITS*
Cool Down & Stretch
• End your workout with a series of stretches to recover your muscles, prevent soreness, and promote muscle length.
Be sure to check out the video to see how these Total Mega Body Moves are performed on your Total Gym.
I hope you enjoyed the Mega Moves Series and are learning new ways to challenge your body with your Total Gym equipment.
Throughout your fitness journey, you will learn more about your mind, body, and overall potential. Staying committed, focused, and determined will help guide you through your physical goals.
Train hard with this Mega Moves Series to achieve your ultimate best and prepare your body to be rock star ready in all you do!