Dry Rubbed Chicken Drumsticks
- Season the drumsticks with salt.
- Mix the rest of the spices in a bowl and liberally sprinkle it all over the chicken making sure you rub it into the skin.
- Place on a sheet pan lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray and bake at 450 for about 25-35 minutes until the reach an internal temp of 180 degrees.
- Serve immediately or set aside and let cool before packing them in a container.
Fruit skewers are easy to eat and everyone loves them!
Just put fruit chunks such as grapes, melon, pineapple, and strawberries into a bowl and drizzle with a balsamic glaze and some fresh chopped mint. Stir and let sit for at least 15 minutes. Skewer the fruit onto each skewer starting and ending with a grape (they are the most stable and will keep the fruit from slipping) You can also add chunks of feta or blue cheese in between for an extra delicious treat! Serve cold or at room temp.
Roasted Veggie Sandwich
My Italian pressed roasted veggie sandwich is really delicious to make ahead too.
- Slice zucchini and eggplant lengthwise.
- Seed and slice colorful bell peppers in large slices.
- Place all the veggies into a bowl or a platter and drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette or any kind of Italian dressing and toss to coat evenly.
- Grill them on medium for a few minutes each side until tender and slightly charred.
- Set aside.
- Get a really crusty loaf of whole grain bread and slice it in half lengthwise.
- Hollow the bread out and spread some basil pesto on one side and a thin layer of tomato paste on the other.
- Layer one half with prosciutto, grilled veggies, and mozzarella cheese.
- Top it with the other half and wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
- Press the sandwich between two plates and place a heavy skillet on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Unwrap the sandwich and slice if desired.
- Serve right away or rewrap each portion before packing into your cooler.